This is a simple dinner with minimal preparation. There's nothing to chop, you cook everything in the oven, and relax while it bakes.
Gingersnaps and vanilla ice cream
1. Scrub potatoes in the morning and let air dry all day
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
3. Start baking the potatoes and set a timer for 40 minutes
4. After 40 minutes, prep the asparagus and the fish, put in the oven and time 15mins or until fish flakes easily
5. Let stand 5 minutes then serve
4 russet potatoes
(butter, sour cream, yogurt to serve)
Scrub potatoes and let air dry (do this early in the day). Set the oven to 350. Prick each potato 8 - 10 times with a fork. Rub with oil, sprinkle with salt, and put on a cookie sheet. Bake for 1 hour.
1 1/2 lbs salmon filets or side with skin
Rub salmon on both sides with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake on a cookie sheet at 350 for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve with lemon wedges.
Upgrade: add some fresh herbs, grill seasoning, or creole seasoning to the rub
1 lb asparagus, pencil thin
crushed garlic (bottled is fine)
cut the ends off of the asparagus near the bottom rubber band, wash and pat dry. Place in a sheet pan drizzle with olive oil, salt, lemon zest and pepper, and shake pan to coat (or use your hands to roll the asparagus. sprinkle with crushed garlic and bake x15 minutes.