Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sourdough Pane Siciliano

It's fall and time to bake.  I'm a bit out of practice.  Last year I worked a job that required a great deal of travel, so baking was out of the question.  I changed positions in June.  Even though it was a mild summer, I refrain from turning on the oven between Memorial Day and the Autumnal Equinox.

I've made quick breads like corn muffins, banana bread, applesauce spice loaf, and chocolate chip cookies.  Of course I forgot to document.

I woke up my sourdough starter last weekend.  I made it from scratch in 2013, but it's been underused this year.  I let it sit in a warm place and fed it, then put it back in the fridge.  Yesterday, I let it warm up, fed it and it was like magic.  It's still going strong. 

I'm making Pane Siciliano, which I found on Sourdough Home.  I made the thick starter (pate fermente or biga) last night.  I did not refrigerate overnight or for three days.  The starter seemed fragrant and sour enough for good flavor.  Time will tell.  This morning it was more than doubled in size.









No comments:

Post a Comment